Everyone deserves a bit of Christmas cheer. Sometimes though, we get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of the season, we tend to forget others outside our circle of family and friends. So how can you break from the usual, get out and do something for the greater good? Pay it forward? Here are five incredibly easy ideas to get you going. For more great ideas on giving back in your local area, visit http://www.volunteermatch.org/.
1) Volunteer at a local animal shelter. If you don’t have time to volunteer, perhaps drop off a bag of food or giving a monetary donation for the shelter to use.
2) Volunteer to read to a class or mentor a student at your local school. The little kids LOVE hearing someone other than the teacher read to them.
3) Take cookies or desserts to your local fire or police station. All you need to do is double your batch!
4) Have your office staff get into teams of 2 or 3 and select wishes from an Angel Tree. Your heart will be so happy you did.
5) Visit your local Senior Center and decorate resident doors, play games, play the piano, or just talk. It gets so lonely during the holidays.
See, it’s simple. Now go out and make someone smile! Just imagine the difference we could make if everyone just did a little something.