Top 5 Ways to Automate Invoicing From Individual Locations to Back-Office
Do you have multiple business locations that mail invoices to the back-office each week for processing? If you do, then you know all-too-well that the process can be error-prone, time-consuming, and expensive. Fortunately, there is hope.
Here are the top 5 ways to improve your current process by adding automation.
- Use an in-house scanning solution. Instead of manually keying invoices and outsourcing the scanning process, use an in-house scanning solution. Invoice automation software saves time and money by eliminating mailing costs and reducing overtime for employees working to meet deadlines. Your invoices could be in the system and visible in half the time.
- Use a software solution that seamlessly integrates into your enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. By using a system that integrates into your ERP, errors can be radically reduced while accuracy is improved. This not only improves overall profitability, but also minimizes security risks and compliance challenges.
- Find a solution that can handle practically any invoice. Invoices come in many shapes and sizes. Some are typed, while others are hand-written. A robust data capture system must be able to clearly identify the locations of each value and interpret those values. The invoices your business receives don’t adhere to one format, and neither should your invoice automation system.
- Make sure the system you use is scalable. As your business grows, your invoice automation solution should be able to grow with you. Make sure the system you choose does not require expensive customizations to include new locations. With a centralized capture system, new locations can simply tie back to the home office using web-based scanning.
- Find a vendor that demonstrates the necessary consultancy skills to understand your existing processes. Systems are rarely one-size-fits-all, so you need to partner with a software provider who will review your current processes, document the requirements, and then follow-up after implementation. Many times, the benefits experienced in the target business group can be expanded to include other departments. That’s why it is important to have consultants that are able to see past the initial pain-points.
Managing the invoices for multiple locations can be a real challenge. By using a data capture system, your employees can have the data they need – when they need it – and you can improve the accuracy and profitability of your business.
To learn more about how data capture can help, download this FREE white paper!
To see how our product has helped O’Charley’s Restaurants, download the O’Charley’s case-study.
Sign up for our newsletters.